As it warms up here (finally), you may find yourself having a picnic or going to a friend’s house for a potluck cookout. Regardless, we think you’ll find these dips an easy way to feed a crowd. So, grab some friends and enjoy one or all of these dips!
For the Spinach Dip
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds spinach, and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup milk
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Head a large pan over medium heat and add the oil. Add onion and garlic and cook until translucent, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook until completely wilted, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a colander and drain, pressing the spinach down with the back of a wooden spoon to release all excess liquid.
- In the same pot, warm the milk over high heat. Whisk in cream cheese until smooth and melted, about 3 minutes. Add spinach, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes, and mozzarella and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer over medium low heat until ready to serve. Transfer to serving dish and serve with chips.
For the Kopanisti
- 1/2 pound Greek Feta
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tbsp fresh mint
- 1/3 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 roasted red pepper, skin peeled
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Crudité (any or all of the below items)
- Sliced Cucumber
- Radishes, halved
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Mini Bell Peppers
- Small carrots
- Snap Peas
- Combine all the kopanisti ingredients into a food processor and blend together until mostly smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning for red pepper flakes. Add salt and pepper if needed
For the Tzatziki
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Persian cucumber, small dice
- Juice of 1 lemon plus more if needed
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, diced cucumber, lemon juice garlic and dill. Stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper and taste. Adjust salt, pepper or lemon juice depending on your preference. Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
**Recipes from What’s Gaby Cooking